THE BEST STRETCH FOR HIP MOTION
By Mike Pedersen, Author, Golf Fitness Guide
What's the best stretch for hip motion to generate
The lower body is your base to your golf swing, but
generating power -- especially in your downswing --
comes from the transfer from your upper body through
your lower body.
If you have tight hip joints, you will have a very difficult
time trying to generate any clubhead speed. There has
to be a certain amount of hip rotation on the backswing
and definitely on the downswing.
So what can you do if you are restricted in this area?
Did I get my point across?
Okay, now...what stretch, right?
Well, like all the stretches and resistance exercises I
have golfers do, it's a very easy one; and can be done
It's called the Seated Groin Stretch.
Here's what you do!
* Sit on the floor and bring the bottoms of your feet
* Both knees will bend and there will be tension in your
inner thigh and groin area.
* Place you elbows on your knees while grabbing your
* Apply pressure with your elbows on your knees to
provide a bigger stretch in your groin.
* Hold for at least 15 seconds and repeat once more.
Here's how you'll benefit from doing this stretch daily:
* It allows more freedom in the hip area during your
swing, while reducing strain on your lower back.
* It reduces tension in your hip and inner thigh on your
backswing and follow-through for more freedom in your
* It creates a coiling effect in your hip region for
increased leverage and power.
Mike Pedersen is a golf fitness expert and founder
of the Power Performance Program.
Tom's Golf Tips